The 25 highest paid artists in 2022 are The Rock, Jay-Z and Kanye
Forbes unveiled the list of highest paid artists 2022 on February 11 and it includes many illustrious names. Which artists are the best paid?
As a tribute to those personalities who ruled the silver screen, kept the stages alive and were integral to the management of the global entertainment industry, the Forbes list is a mark of respect, recognition and zeal to carry forward the legacy.
With their remarkable songs and lyrics that touched our hearts, their amazing acting that brought the characters, direction and movies to life, these artists have made a special place in the hearts of global audiences, music lovers and moviegoers.
Filmmakers, actors, musicians, bands and other performers feature in this list of artists who have made a mark for themselves like no other. While some have made history and recorded making it onto the list, for others it’s a monumental feat to achieve the coveted position of top-paid entertainers.
director Kiwi and the person who held the reins of The Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson tops the list with his staggering net worth that runs into the billions. He is the third filmmaker to join the billion dollar directors club after Steven Speilberg and George Lucas. He mainly owes his net worth to the sale of his visual effects company Weta Digital to Unity Software.
Jackson reportedly took home a whopping $600 million of the $1.6 billion deal to sell part of the business. The transaction took place in November 2021 and catapulted its value to claim the top position on this list.
Three women appear on the Forbes list of highest-paid artists 2022 – actor Reese Witherspoon (at No. 12), American television producer Shonda Rhimes (at No. 18) and Taylor Swift (at No. 25).
Several other stalwarts make the list, including Nobel laureate Bob Dylan, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Kanye West.
The 25 highest paid artists of 2022 according to Forbes:
1. Peter Jackson, Filmmaker
Net worth: $580 million
2. Bruce Springsteen, singer and musician
Net worth: $435 million
3. Jay-Z, singer and songwriter
Net worth: $340 million
4. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, actor
Net worth: $270 million
5. Kanye West, singer and songwriter
Net worth: $235 million
6. Trey Parker and Matt Stone, animators and actors
Net worth: $210 million
7. Paul Simon, singer, songwriter and actor
Net worth: $200 million
8 Tyler Perry, actor, director and playwright
Net worth: $165 million
9. Ryan Tedder, singer and songwriter
Net worth: $160 million
10. Bob Dylan, singer and songwriter
Net worth: $130 million
11. Red Hot Chili Peppers, rock band
Net worth: $116 million
12. Reese Witherspoon, actor and producer
Net worth: $115 million
13. Chuck Lorre, television director and writer
Net worth: $100 million
14. Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, rapper and producer
Net worth: $90 million
15. Dick Wolf, TV show creator, producer and writer
Net worth: $86 million
16. Howard Stern, radio personality
Net worth: $85 million
17. Kevin Bright, Marta Kauffman and David Crane – TV Show Creators, Directors and Producers
Net worth: $82 million
18. Shonda Rhimes, Producer
Net worth: $81 million
19. Neil Young, singer and musician
Net worth: $80 million
20. Greg Berlanti, TV Writer
Net worth: $75 million
21. Lindsey Buckingham, guitarist
Net worth: $73 million
22. Mötley Crüe, metal band
Net worth: $72 million
23. Beach Boys, surf rock band
Net worth: $64 million
24. Blake Shelton, country music singer and songwriter
Net worth: $55 million
25. Taylor Swift, singer and songwriter
Net worth: $52 million
Forbes’ Methodology: Figures represent 2021 pre-tax earnings minus representational expenses (managers, attorneys, agents) and/or business operating costs. Sources include data from Nielsen BookScan, MRC data, Pollstar, IMBDPro and Variety Overviewas well as interviews with agents, lawyers, managers, executives and industry experts.
(Main image: courtesy Peter Jackson/Facebook; Featured image: courtesy therock/@therock/Instagram). The story first appeared on Lifestyle Asia India